These positive displacement low inertia pumps are excellent at pumping fluids at low to medium pressures. These pumps can be used to pump water and a large range of other non abrasive fluids including oils. Very useful for pressure boosting, liquid transfer, factory process pumping and lubrication duties.
- Transformers oils
- Heating oils
- Printers ink
- Bitumen emulsions
- Molasses-see Tech Data sheet POS-9 for details
- Jelly products
- Lubricating liquids
Performance curves are based on a kinematic viscosity of 1mm²/s and a density of 1000Kg/m³ at 20ºC.
- Flow rates up to 27 m³/h
- Heads up to 30m
- Fluids must be clean and free from suspended abrasive particles
- Maximum fluid temperature: +60ºC.
- Maximum ambient temperature: +60ºC.
- Rotational speed: Nominal 400rpm with a 600rpm recommended maximum.
For liquids with high viscosity, i.e. molasses the recommended speed is 200rpm – see Tech Data sheet POS-9 for special build molasses gear pump outfits
- Comes in six pump different sizes with 12 electric motor and 20 engine combinations.
- Lubrication: Blind plain bearings are self lubrication with the pumped liquid; the stuffing box has a gland packing to serve as grease lubricated bearing.
- Pumps can be run in reverse to change the direction of the pumped fluid.
Securely bolt pump unit in location. The gear pump can be installed in any orientation except for engine driven units which must be installed in a horizontal position. However always ensure that pump is running in the right direction. Gear pumps can run in either direction by operating the power unit in reverse or alternatively by changing the delivery and suction pipes to opposite sides of the pump. If closed heads are to be encountered than a pressure relief or bypass valve must be installed and set to the required pressure. If full bypass is required ensure that vee belts are correctly aligned with the correct tension. Always prime the pump with the fluid to be pumped and start with a fully open discharge before throttling to pressure requirements.
Caution: Pumps will self-lubricate using the pumped fluid however avoid running the pump dry as this will create rapid wear.