These positive displacement low inertia pumps are excellent at pumping fluids at low to medium pressures. These pumps can be used to pump water and a large range of other non abrasive fluids including oils and molasses. Very useful for pressure boosting, liquid transfer, factory process pumping and lubrication duties.
Applications include -
- Transformers oils
- Heating oils
- Printers ink
- Bitumen emulsions
- Jelly products
- Lubricating liquids
Performance curves are based on a kinematic viscosity value of 1mm²/s and a density of 1000 Kg/m³at 20ºC.
- Flow rates up to 27m³/h.
- Heads up to 30m.
- Fluids must be clean and free from suspended abrasive particles.
- Maximum fluid temperature: +60ºC.
- Maximum ambient temperature: +60ºC.
- Maximum allowable pressure in casing: 6 Bar.
- Rotational speed: Nominal 400rpm with a 600rpm recommended maximum.
For liquids with high viscosity, i.e. molasses the recommended speed is 200rpm.
- Comes in six different sizes.
- Lubrication: Blind plain bearings are self lubrication with the pumped liquid, the stuffing box has a gland packing to serve as a grease lubricated bearing.
- Pumps can be run in reverse to change the direction of the pumped fluid..
Securely bolt the pump unit in location. The gear pump can be installed in any orientation. However ensure that the pump is running in the right direction. Gear pumps can run in either direction by operating the power unit in reverse or alternatively by changing the delivery and suction pipes to opposite sides of the pump. If closed heads are to be encountered than a pressure relief or bypass valve must be installed and set to the required pressure. If full bypass is required ensure that the vee belts or chain drives are correctly aligned with the correct tension. Always prime the pump with the fluid to be pumped and start with a fully open discharge before throttling to pressure requirements. Please note should the gear pump be used for pumping molasses, then it is strongly recommended that the inlet and discharge pipework be sized to a minimum of 3 times the diameter of the inlet and outlet ports and the graphite gland packing be replaced with a Teflon gland packing. If the gear pump is used for pumping molasses than the pump must be rinsed out with hot water to prevent the pump from seizing up the next time it is used.
Caution: Pumps will self lubricate using the pumped fluid however avoid running the pump dry as this will create rapid wear. Datasheet Download